Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pictures

I print my digital photos at home. My printer has been on the fritz for a few days. In a panic to get my photos done for this coming weekend, I went to my parents house on Friday. My dad is wonderful and let me print around 250 photos there. He then gave me ink cartridges for my printer so I could continue at home. I was able to do about 100 before those cartridges gave out. Again, in a panic, I called my dad and he came down on Monday and fixed the printer up for me. I now have a continuous ink system for the printer so I don't worry about cartridges getting empty or wasting ink on cleaning the heads. I can see how much ink I have. The ink is very reasonably priced. (Dad has given me a supply to last me for may a print job.) I buy the 4 x 6 photo paper and edit the photos here on my computer. I don't have to sit in a store and choose which shots I want. I can reprint anything I want at any time. I love this system. Sadly, I still need to print around 8 months worth of pictures. Good news is, I have been able to print all the photos from my vacation to California and North Dakota from last year. I must be crazy for printing so many pictures. My mom was looking at them and noticed that most of these pictures aren't meant for going on the wall. They are memory pictures. I will remember where we were, what we were doing, and how much fun we had simply by looking at these photos. What a wonderful invention. Now I just have to go buy more paper. Oh well, it's worth it.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice daddy you have!
    That's a ton of pics! I guess that happens when you have two little ones around, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuous ink???...how does that work? I'd like to hear more about that! I have a love hate relationship with my printer. And Jon has a hate hate relationship with buying cartridges for it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Crystal! What a sweet daddio you've got!! How nice!!

    I hope you're having fun at your scrapbooking weekend :) Your son did the scripture (?) today and it was REALLY cute, lol.

    ReplyDelete