Friday, February 6, 2009

Cinnamon rolls

I have a friend that has been making cinnamon rolls quite a bit lately. This made me crave them. I took the time to make them yesterday. I should have left them in the oven for tow or three more minutes. They are a bit doughy, but still taste good. I even made cream cheese frosting for them. I now have a 9 Huge rolls left, (they rose big time). I only did a half batch, but I think I will have them for the week to come. This is what happens when your friends influence your choices. Oh well, it's just my waist line.

6 comments:

  1. yay!! it's about time you got a blogspot!! it's so much easier to make comments!! if you want any help makin' it cute (scrapbook style) let me know!! have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sucker for peer pressure I guess. Lol. What mixture do you use inside your cinnamon rolls? I haven't found the mixture that I really love yet so I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use vanilla sugar that I make myself and cinnamon. Brush with real butter first. The thicker the layer the better the roll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds promising. How do you make vanilla sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy a vanilla bean, cut it in half nearly to the end. Put it in a quart jar and add ultrafine granulated sugar (baker's sugar). Shake often and the sugar will take on the flavor of the bean.

    ReplyDelete