Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Working in the Garden

I love my new raised bed garden. I have planted the lettuce starts and green beans went in today. I will add zucchini when the time is right. I am thinking about growing roma tomatoes to make spaghetti sauce this year. I don't think I will do peppers since I am not planning on making salsa. I have a yam that put out greenery that I will put in the ground and see what happens. I did this with a red potato the first year we were in this house and it was the only thing that produced. I love having a garden.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! It is getting warm here and my lettuce is already getting bitter. My tomatoes are going out late too--I hope they make it :)

    I love my raised beds--I hope yours produce well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous!!! There's a lot of work that goes into this, though! I'd be ever so proud of myself for taking this project on.

    ReplyDelete