Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A New Vacuum

Well, my Electrolux vacuum that I have had since 1997 became possessed a few months back. I was cleaning and while holding the vacuum had a major shock. This must have shorted something in the machine because it started having issues. The machine would turn on when I touched the machine anywhere. Then the head no longer turned and it would turn on all on its own. Telling you it was possessed by the Vacuum demons. This demon gets into your machine and makes your life horrible because you can't clean your house anymore. Then it plays the dirtiest trick, it destroys your vacuum so you need to buy a new one. Oh well, my vacuum had a good run. Over 12 years with mostly minor problems. So I did the crazy thing and bought the new model. It is lighter, has better suction, no handle board to get shorted out, a true HEPA filter, 20 year parts and labor warranty for the canister, 5 year warranty on the other parts. So if the demons come back for this machine the problems will be covered for the next 20 years. I really like the fact that customer service comes to my house to see what is wrong with the machine. Areus electrolux is a great company. Someone tried to sell me a Kirby before Christmas but she took over 3 1/2 hours of my day without telling me at the beginning that she was trying to sell me a machine. She told me she was just out cleaning a room for free. I thought it was a cleaning service that if I liked what they did I could buy their services. She made me so angry that I will never buy a Kirby simply because the customer service was manipulative and deceiving. Back to what I bought, I also bought an upright for the downstairs for quick pick up. A Spring Cleaning sale went into effect at the beginning of the month and with my trade in I got a great deal on the machine. In the end I spent $1604 for two vacuums. The tax was over $100. I will not be buying another machine for at least another 12 years, hopefully more like 20 years. I know you think I am crazy for spending that much money on a vacuum, but it beats buying a Hoover or a Dyson every 4 to 5 years. In the end the cost would be the same, and I have a better machine in the intervening years. Now I am off to use my new vacuum in the house where the old machine has been causing problems. My house will finally feel clean.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a fancy vacuum! I bet it's nice! I had a Bissel but it pooped out on me and I replaced it with the Dyson. It doesn't like the rug I have in the living room. It's a long shag and it WON'T work on those if the shag is longer than the width of a dime. Now I need a new carpet, or I need to fix the Bissel and so far fixing the old machine is not working out and the Bissel people NEVER come to your house, lol. But I LOVE how quiet the Dyson is and it really cleans well. It better last me 5 years! :D

    ReplyDelete