Sunday, April 18, 2010

First Ride of the Year.

I love getting on my bicycle and just going. I signed up months ago to ride the bike tour that is in connection with the Salt Lake Marathon. I was going to do it with a friend but due to medical circumstances she had to back out. It was on April 17th. The ride was only 24 miles long and was mostly downhill. I got to ride on Salt Lake City streets very early in the morning. We left from the George Eccles Bridge at the U of U at 6:00 am. It was still dark, but the temps were already in the low 50's. I finished in just under 1 hour and 30 minutes. I got to the finish line at the Gateway a few minutes before the 5 K runners left. I was given a medallion for finishing. The bike tour wasn't timed like the marathon was. After I was done I felt like I was just starting. I hope to find another ride this year where I will get to go a greater distance. There were no stops on this short ride, but that was okay because it was such an easy ride. I might do this ride again next year. Maybe I'll make David ride it with me. The feeling I get while on my bike must be the same that some people get when they run. I hate running, but riding a bike is a great high. Plus I get to see so much more on a bike than I would just running. I hope to work my way up to being able to do a century ride. That's 100 miles in a single day. I guess I have some crazy in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment