Thursday, July 29, 2010

Finding motivation

For the past few days, things have been quiet here at the Ashby house. I haven't wanted to do any of the big projects that are crying out to be done. I know the weather is great, but I can't bring myself to paint the doors in the basement. It's too much work getting the doors off and outside. I have sewing projects I need to do but I just need a break from my sewing machine. I finished one big upholstery quilt only to have another one to start on. My craft room is a mess and really needs some attention. But I am lacking the motivation to get any of this done. I clean the house instead. I am avoiding folding laundry or cleaning the kids rooms. I made an attempt at cleaning Lila's room. The gullywumpus bag ate a lot of her toys, even some of her dress up clothes. We are still working on just how she can earn them back. The kids are getting restless with the activities I plan. We did lots of fun stuff in the beginning of summer so this last month seems to be dragging. I know it will go by quickly and I should be preparing for school. But I'm still having trouble finding the motivation to do stuff. Maybe I just need a few lazy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment