Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas gifts

I like to make something every year that I can give out to my friends and family. I found something this year that will be easy and useful. It requires a lot of ribbon. Luckily, Joann's had their holiday ribbon 50% off this last week. I could have saved a fortune, but I just bought twice the amount of ribbon. I wanted to make snowmen out of pavers stone. Problem is the stone I need is a seasonal item and is not carried in the stores right now. I will have to keep it in mind for next year and buy the stones in the spring. I am still at a loss as to what to give to the neighbors. I have the cute jars, I just need something to put in them. I might end up doing candy, but that is so boring and no one really needs more candy at Christmas time. Last year I made pot holders. I put them with a bag of walnuts from my mother's tree. Last year I made pillowcases for my nieces and nephews. Nothing as fun or exciting is coming to mind this year. I may have to go the easy route and make it something store bought. But I have always enjoyed the homemade gifts that I have given and received. I think they mean a bit more because someone has put a little bit of themselves into the present. Now if only I could get Lila to tell me what she really wants for gifts this year. We have a few more weeks before I have to get her something. Here come the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment